WheatonX is a Wheaton College initiative, overseen by the Office of the Provost and Chief Information Officer, to enable faculty to build and create open online learning experiences for non-credit bearing courses and topics. Grounded in the Wheaton College ethos of “For Christ and His Kingdom,” WheatonX provides worldwide access to high quality content featuring Wheaton College faculty.
This service is under development. Please check back to see the latest resources being made available.
WheatonX Frequently Asked Questions
Why should I sign up to take a course on WheatonX?
WheatonX offers access to quality content with a Christian worldview. Register to see which courses would be of interest to you as you develop your personal or professional capabilities. Get a glimpse into our faculty ethos as you experience their teaching through WheatonX.
How much does WheatonX cost?
It is free to sign up for WheatonX. Some courses may be offered at no charge to the student, some may have a fee, others may have a fee only if a student wants to earn a certificate. You’ll find information about fees within each course.
Does one have to be a Christian to take WheatonX courses?
WheatonX is an open-education platform. Students do not have to have a Christian faith to take courses.
How do I show that I successfully completed a course in WheatonX?
Upon completion students will be able to print a certificate and/or post it to their LinkedIn profile.
What if I forgot to print my certificate or lose it?
WheatonX cannot guarantee long-term access to certificates and Wheaton College does not maintain WheatonX completion records. If you lose it or the platform is discontinued, you will no longer have your certificate. Please be sure to store your certificate in a safe location.
Do I earn Wheaton College credit by completing a WheatonX course?
WheatonX courses do not provide Wheaton College credit. In some cases, a program may be designed to facilitate possible transition into an accredited Masters degree program (should the student meet standard graduate program requirements). Courses that are designed in this way, will be clearly indicated.
Does WheatonX give me preferred access to Wheaton College Graduate School or its programs?
Students should apply to the Graduate School Admissions office for more information about degree programs.
Can I call Wheaton College for a transcript?
Wheaton College does not track WheatonX certificates. Please do not contact us for a transcript.
What if I don’t understand a homework assignment?
There will be contact information on your course syllabus for course-specific questions.
The course I am interested in is not yet open. How can I sign up?
Courses open and close on WheatonX depending on specific course-offering dates. You may register for a course once it is available and be sent a reminder email just prior to the start date.
How frequently are new courses made available?
New courses are posted as they are developed. After registering for WheatonX you can sign-up to be notified about upcoming courses.
How do I pay for WheatonX courses?
All payment is by credit card within the WheatonX course.
Can I get a refund if I am unable to complete the course or decide to discontinue it?
Unless your course information indicates otherwise, there are no refunds allowed.
What is the difference between registration and enrollment?
Students register for access to WheatonX at no charge. Students enroll in a specific course to be placed on the course roster. Some courses may be offered at no charge to the student, some may have a fee, others may have a fee only if a student wants to earn a certificate. Courses have different enrollment times.
How many hours will I spend studying?
Each course is different. Please see the course syllabus for the anticipated workload.
Should I call Wheaton College if I have questions not already answered here?
Each WheatonX partner or program has a dedicated email address. Please send your questions by email and allow 72 hours for a response.
How do I activate my account?
After registering, you will receive an activation email at the email address you entered during registration. Select the link in the email to activate your account. if you do not see the activation email in your email inbox see Why Haven't I received my Activation email? After you create and activate your account, if you want to modify your account information, reset your password, or link or unlink accounts, go to the Account Settings page.
Why haven't I received my activation email?
There can be several reasons why you did not receive an activation email:
- There was a typo or error in the email address when you registered on WheatonX.wheaton.edu.
- For some reason, you might not have successfully registered an account on WheatonX.Wheaton.edu
- The automated activation email message was caught by your spam filter.
- Your email provider might have blocked the automated email message.
Here's what you can do:
- Check your spam or junk mail folder for an email from email@example.com.
- Add firstname.lastname@example.org to your email contacts or approved senders list.
- Try registering again with the same email address. If the account already exists, you'll see an error indicating that there is a duplicate email address.
- From the WheatonX.wheaton.edu registration page, click Reset my password. The password reset message will activate your account.
What if I forget my password?
You can find a Forgot Password? link on the sign in page. After you select this link and enter your email address, WheatonX sends you an email message with a link to follow to reset your password. If you are already signed in, you can reset your password on the Account Settings page.
What if I did not receive a password reset message?
If you clicked Forgot Password but have not received an email message with a link to reset your password, check for these common problems:
- Is your email address entered correctly on the sign in page? Check for errors and try again.
- Did you enter the same email address that you used to register your WheatonX account? Reset messages are sent only to registered email addresses.
- Did you check your spam or junk message folders? Check your spam folder for a message from registration (see sample below).
- If the message is not there, try adding email@example.com to your contacts or your approved senders list, and then reset your password again.
- Reset your password: On the sign-in page, under the Password field, select Forgot Password. When you follow the link in the reset message, your account is activated automatically. (see image below)
- Did you complete the account registration process for WheatonX.wheaton.edu? To check, try registering again with the same email address. If the account does exist, a message will indicate that you entered a duplicate email address.
What if I have a technical problem viewing a page on WheatonX.wheaton.edu?
Many problems with missing form fields, buttons that do not function or other page display issues are caused by your browser. Here are some things to try:
- Make sure your browser is a current version of Chrome or Firefox.
- Clear your browser's cache. Here are instructions on clearing your cache in Chrome or Firefox.
- Check our system requirements to ensure you meet our browser, computer, and mobile requirements.